The most common business forms for companies are Aktiengesellschaft (AG) and Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH).
- Aktiengesellschaft (AG)
- Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH).
For formation of an AG or GmbH notarial certification of the foundation and entry in commercial register is required.
- Bank and lawyer CHF 2,000 – 5,000;
- Commercial register entry CHF 800 – 1,000
- Documents can be checked within 7 working days by commercial register office (CHF 200–300).
Number of shareholders: at least one shareholder (individual, legal or commercial entity)
- AG: represented by Swiss domiciled member of the board of directors or a director (depending on the Canton where the company is registered)
- GmbH: represented by Swiss domiciled managing director or director
Required minimum capital:
- AG CHF 100,000 (min. CHF 50,000 paid in);
- GmbH CHF 20,000 (fully paid in)
If capital paid in cash, the amount will be deposited on a blocked bank account.